Builders / Contractors / Property Managers

Builder / Contractor / Renovator Services

Whether you are constructing a building, renovating a home or business, installing a pool, landscaping, interlocking a driveway or seeking City approval for severances or minor variances, there is information you need to be aware of and regulations that need to be followed with regard to electricity service.

Key information is contained in our Conditions of Service. Please read this document carefully. It is your responsibility to be well informed of all the issues that could affect your project.

You will need to contact Guelph Hydro's Technical Services Department for the following:

  • New service connections
  • Service upgrade
  • Approval of new meter location
  • Potential conflict with Guelph Hydro equipment during construction or with construction vehicles / apparatus
  • Disconnections for the purposes listed above or for tree-trimming - Fill in online form to request tempory disconnection of service
  • Temporary construction power
  • Voltage problems
  • Sign off on demolition permits

Download a Service Request form. Then contact the Technical Services Department from Monday to Friday between 8:00 AM and 4:30 P.M.

Designed by eSolutionsGroup